21st Century CPCA Certification
Faith Based Alternative to
USDE CHEA Approved Accreditation
- The Council of Private Colleges of America (CPCA) was established in response to leaders of degree granting Faith Based institutions in the USA seeking an ethical educational association.
- The intended purpose was to create a CPCA Certification agency process that provides academic and administrative comparability to United States Department of Education (USDE) recognized Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) accrediting agencies’ for Faith Based institutions.
- The CPCA desired to honor their motto, “Keeping the Lord’s Testimony above Reproach!”
- The CPCA 21st Century Certification process standards are created comparable to USDE CHEA approved accrediting agencies’ academic and administrative standards.
- The CPCA 21st Century Certification requirements for the in depth institutional self-study visit with CPCA Facilitator Team are created comparable to USDE CHEA approved accrediting agencies’ Evaluator Team in depth institutional self-study visit.
- Both the CPCA 21st Century Certification certifying process and USDE CHEA approved accrediting agencies’ process are created as comparable legitimate standards of academic excellence.
UNDERSTANDING FIRST MAJOR DIFFERENCE:
- In the USA two major statements will assist you to understand USDE recognized accreditation.
- First, the USDE never accredits colleges or universities.
- Second, the USDE must approve the associations through (CHEA) that accredit institutions to determine an institution’s eligibility to participate in and to control the annual 80 billion dollar ($80,000,000,000.00) Title IV Funding program.
- The 21st Century CPCA Certification process excludes the massive USDE CHEA approved accrediting associations eligibility to participate in grants, loans, and the annual 80 billion dollar ($80,000,000,000.00) Title IV Funding
- Consequently, CPCA institutions can offer totally Bible integrated courses and degrees at an extremely reduced financial cost to the student.
- The 21st Century CPCA Certification process recognizes Faith Based economic principles of operation.
UNDERSTANDING SECOND MAJOR DIFFERENCE:
- It is important to understand the word “accreditation” for higher learning in the USA has become synonymous by design with a student’s eligibility for transfer of certain credits or degrees, government jobs, grants, loans, and Title IV Funding.
- There is a plethora of not recognized by USDE CHEA accrediting associations in the USA that are not required to apply to CHEA to become a USDE CHEA recognized accrediting association.
- Faith Based institutions using a not recognized by USDE CHEA accrediting association may believe that it legitimizes them but, their use of the word, “accreditation”, misleads many educational consumers into believing they can receive transfer of certain credits or degrees, government jobs, grants, loans, and Title IV Funding.
- This makes the value of not recognized by USDE CHEA accreditation, at best, questionable.
- In fact, the USDE considers institutions promoting accreditation by these, not recognized by USDE CHEA accrediting associations as, “not accredited”, by an “accreditation mill.”
- CPCA Faith Based institutions strive to, “Keep the Lord’s Testimony above Reproach!”
- The CPCA pioneered the use of the word, “certification,” to avoid any misunderstandings and confusion with the word “accreditation” for higher learning in the USA.
- Then, the CPCA created the 21st Century CPCA Certification process for Faith Based institutions to provide academic and administrative comparability to USDE CHEA approved accrediting agencies’.
UNDERSTANDING THIRD MAJOR DIFFERENCE:
- USDE CHEA approved accrediting agencies’ have dues and/or fees for the following items or more: recurring annual membership dues, initial Applicant. Candidate, Accredited 5 year, or Accredited 10 Year application fees, readiness assessment fee, second readiness assessment fee, readiness assessment consultation fee, readiness visit per examiner per day fee, change of ownership, change of location, Title IV onsite certification fees per examiner per day, application fee for Title IV, readiness visit per examiner per day fee, visitation per examiner per day fee for undergraduate degrees and additional for doctoral degrees, non-degree curriculum review fee, degree curriculum review fee, degree program or degree certificate fee, degree course fee, and late fees on unpaid dues.
- These costs alone are based on 2015 rates are in excess of $100,000.00, plus travel, meals, and lodging per person per day for onsite visits, plus consultant firm to file all records and finances with the USDE, plus audit by legally recognized outside auditing firm, outside accreditation consultants when required by accrediting agency.
- Plus funding a $1,000,000.00 (one million dollars) unearned tuition, teach out reserves fund.
- This creates recurring costs that a USDE CHEA approved accredited Faith Based College, University, or Seminary must recover by charging students HIGHER tuition and fees.
- The 21st Century CPCA Certification process has fees for the following: recurring annual membership and variable annual certification fees tied to enrollment headcount per year, initial APPLICANT. CANDIDATE, 5 year CERTIFIED, or 10 Year CERTIFIED application fees, CPCA Facilitators per diem, travel, meals, and lodging per person per day for any onsite visits, CPCA Facilitator consultant fee as needed by the institution, non-degree curriculum - degree curriculum - degree program - degree certificate - degree course fees,
- These costs may be up to to $10,000.00, plus per diem, travel, meals, and lodging per person per day for onsite visits, plus CPCA Facilitator consultant fee as needed by the institution.
- This creates much lower recurring costs that a 21st Century CPCA Certified Faith Based College, University, or Seminary which allows these Faith Based institutions to charge students LOWER tuition and fees.